Monday, September 28, 2009

Diversity



Diversity

I always thougth diversity just happened.
I always thought that diversity was easy.
I always thought that diversity was someone else's job.

I knew that diversity is beautiful.

I knew that diversity is a sign of Christ.
I knew that diveristy fires us up.

I didn't know that diversity is intentional.
I didn't know that diversity is easiest when we start over.
I didn't know that diveristy means we change who we are.

Then I watched our praise team Sunday morning.
I realized that diversity is a gift of God.
How wonderful it is to preach for a church that is reflecting the diversity of our city.
How wonderful it is to be in a church that is more like our children's culture than mine.
How wonderful it is to have the chance to start over.

No comments: